Sunday 22 February 2009

Backstage At ioannisdimitrousis

Wowzers. Yesterday was such a brilliant day. My lovely friend Vicky from Let Them Eat Cake magazine got Bryony, Heidi and me jobs at the Vauxhall Fashion Scout ioannisdimitrousis show.
The collection was totally stunning, woven chains and hanging needles made it truely individual. Everything down to the sound the garments made was perfect. The finale needle dress made this beautiful gentle jingle noise, it was oh so amazing. The Silver and deep reds reminded me of knights in battle!! It was all pretty intimidating to lil old me. I had never done dressing before so was pretty freaked out about the fact I might break/rip/ruin something! But luckily it all went really well, having said that I had a pretty huge challenge of getting my model Ismini into the shows finale dress! Which was completely covered in needles!! Ouch! I was soooo scared she would get stabbed in the eye! Plus it weighed so much I literally couldn't hold it on my own. But the show must go on, and it did! Here are some photographs I managed to get backstage before and during the show.

The Beautiful Ladies of the night




Designer Ioannis with his models


Hanging Needles



The Male Modles






The run through


Ismimi




Last minute touch up and my favorite dress of all


The Grand Finale




No comments:

Post a Comment