Thursday 19 February 2009

Its a LOVE HATE thing...


I have to admit I'm not overly impressed with the first issue of LOVE magazine. First impressions deffo matter and LOVE's were pretty low. I don't know about you but I am still bitter about saying good-bye to POP as I found it a very pleasant read indeed, (fare well, princess pop). I don't reaalllly understand why Katie Grand stopped doing one magazine just to start another when the first one was perfectly fine?! But it seems that was the problemo, POP was too perfect! (How confusssssing). And lets face it when Conde Nast offer you and your team a masssive bundle of money to buy you over from Emap to start a new magazine not many people would say no! Conde Nast has some of the words leading fashion magazines under its sleeve, such as Vogue, Glamour and GQ, now adding LOVE to their list! Lets hope it's as successful as POP was. Also.....
I read a little rumor that Katie Grand has promised to ban the use of size zero models for shoots in LOVE and is guna steer clear of airbrushing...mmmm. So I suppose there was no better woman to put on the cover other than a very naked Beth Ditto. Good on her! But I find the lack of nipples a wee bit suspicious..... and pretty freaky looking.
What really ticks me off about LOVE is the excessive amount of advertising. It's re-dic. Only at page 81 (!!!) did I finally come to the magazines first piece. An A-Z of everything LOVE loves, in alphabetical order!  It was a pre-tey long read with almost every other page being another ad. But alas, despite this there is a bundle of beauty in LOVE that makes it worth a read (and the £5 that I really can't afford at the mo). I just think that POP had it better and it's guna be missed all round. Anyway its early days and all that so i'll wait and see what happens in the next issue....I'm looking forward to it!!

For now here are a few of my favorite bits (sorry about the quality I officially hate scanners)

Lara Stone caught between shows. So hot.



John Galliano. (Verrrrry pretty colours)




Roberto Cavalli dress (aint it darn pretty)


1 comment:

  1. Ahhh ive only got halfway through my copy =/
    but katie and her Popettes got bought by Conde Nast, the Vogue/Glamour/GQ bosses... they wanted something edgy to add to their collection of mags so they paid her and her team a lot of money to launch a new mag, and she wanted to try something new anyway... I'll have to have a flick through the rest, im kind of unsure so far though... I kind of hope the neglecting size 0 thing works out for them! :) xxx

    ReplyDelete