Tuesday 27 October 2009

I think its good karma...

Let me tell you a little story....This time last year me and Alec had the worst job of our lives handing out flyers in Richmond, like little poor children we spent a lot of time groveling and the windows of shops longing for everything we couldn't afford. Anyway, The Russell and Bromley loafers (you know the ones, cute as a chubby baby, little tassels...) where stalking us, we really wanted to trot around in matching shoes.... I pretty much needed them! So when I was next at home I dragged my mum and step dad to the shop and pretty much begged and begged but Linc (the wisest shopper ever) was like "no Passi, I think you need to wait, these are so expensive, wait for the sale, shop around more first" la la la....so reluctantly I did. In the mean time I found some substitutes at Absolute vintage for only £25. Then the sales came and went, no reductions on the £125 shoes and still to this day no reductions!!!!A hole year one!! I need to stress how much Linc convinced me it "wasn't the time" to get them, pretty sure I can quote "its not the right time for them, just wait a while"....so I forgot about the little buggers UNTIL....I went shopping with the crew "oh look, a pop up vintage market, lets go in" la la la I find a cute dress, browse about then I see none other then the Russell & Bromley loafers, brand new, my size, being sold by a woman who got them, wore them once, they didn't fit her so was reluctantly selling them for a steal. So I bagged myself the dream lil shoes for a mere £38!! Thats what I call karma, it was as if they where actually there for me to buy. So weird. So yeah, I got new shoes and Linc was right, again! PEACE OUT.

No comments:

Post a Comment