Wednesday 28 October 2009

in the past

I was going through my folder I call the Bible (thanks alec) which is full of anything I find pretty and cool, mostly pictures I randomly drag off the internet that dont have much use other then to be collected and for me to come back across on a rainy day. So, way back in 07 A level days I did my final photography project on Sylvia Plath. One of my heroes and favorite people/poets/writers of all time. I think it all kicked off when I tried reading the Bell Jar as a 12 year old but ended up putting it away and revisiting when I was older and wiser!! Anyway, these images from W Magazine caught my eye then and still do now. Its not even because Gwyneth plays Plath in the movie 'Sylvia', in fact I didn't watch the movie until after I found these pictures and started the project, it was just the weird, eerie, distant feeling of them that made me rip them out my magazine and franticly glue them in my sketchbook. I like that she seems slightly unhinged...not sure how to explain it. But these are beauties and to be quiet frank anything that makes me think of Sylvia Plath deserves going into my Bible. I like incorporating Literature into my work, I did a design brief for my Fashion course that Plath formed inspiration for and was the basis of the whole thing. Its all about the crossover people! For real...mmm, maybe Im slightly obsessed...Have a lookie.

p.s Gwyneths daughter is called Apple! how friggen cute!

By Catherine Hong
Styled by Alex White
Photographed by Steven Klein

Dress by Balenciager


Dress by Stella McCartney


Dress by Dolce & Gabanna
Fit ring by Lanvin


Dress by Prada


Lanvin silk top and trousers (pearl buttons omg)

No comments:

Post a Comment